AHECS Cybersecurity Summit
2-3 NOVEMBER 2020
The inaugural AHECS Cybersecurity Summit will be held as a hybrid online event on 2-3 November 2020 with webinars leading up to the Summit. Village locations will be available in key capital city and regional sites to allow for face to face interaction and connection into the virtual event. Good practice following COVID-19 health advice will be observed at all times and if social distancing remains in place the event will transition to an online only event.
The Summit is an event produced by the sector, for the sector and focused on the Higher Education and Research cybersecurity, identity management and privacy community.
The theme for Summit in 2020 is “Bridging the Gap”. This reflects the shifts that must occur in addressing the disparity in cyber maturity and impacts of COVID-19 across the Higher Education and Research sector against the increasing technical capabilities, reach and sophistication of cyber-attacks.
Call for submissions
The Call for submissions is open. We are looking for submissions which reflect the theme in the following areas:
● Digital Transformation
● Foreign Interference
● University Foreign Interference Taskforce (UFIT) guidelines
● Innovation in Cybersecurity
● Strategic Leadership in Cybersecurity
● 5G and IOT
● Mindfulness and Mental Health
● People, Culture and Capability
● Cloud and adoption
● Cybersecurity and Identity Management
● Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
● Working overseas safely
● Cyber in enterprise risk management – e.g. FAIR
● Critical incident management
● Regulatory requirements – domestic, international
● Business continuity and resilience
● Research data…how to share it, keep it safe
● Enabling online teaching
Sessions can follow a variety of formats. Please indicate your preferred format on your abstract submission. Potential formats include but are not limited to following:
●Interchange and experiences
●Case study/ use cases
●Birds of a Feather sessions (BoF’s)
● Lightening talks (TED style talks)
Submit your abstract (<200 words) via Summit form.
Submission deadline is Friday 24 July 2020.